Randall Museum Lectures
We have made the difficult decision to postpone the lecture scheduled for March 18th due to the current status of the virus which has been named “SARS-CoV-2” and the disease it causes has been named “coronavirus disease 2019” (abbreviated “COVID-19”). Our speaker chair, Linda Mahan, will be working to schedule the speaker at a later date. We will keep you posted on when that will be.
Out of an abundance of caution, we feel that this is the most prudent choice at this time to ensure the health and safety of our members and guests.
The City of San Francisco has published the latest information and guidance regarding the outbreak of the coronavirus (COVID-19). The Department of Public Health issued the ORDER OF THE HEALTH OFFICER No. C19-02 with instructions for City-owned facilities to cancel all non-essential group events to facilitate social distancing, which will help prevent further spread of COVID-19 in our community. In accordance with this directive, the SFAA is cancelling the lecture scheduled for March 18 at the Randall Museum.
Protect, Prepare and Know the Facts
As a reminder, the best ways to reduce the risk of getting sick, as with seasonal colds or the flu, still applies to prevent COVID-19:
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover your cough or sneeze.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Try alternatives to shaking hands, like an elbow bump or wave.
- If you have recently returned from a country, state or region with ongoing COVID-19 infections, monitor your health and follow the instructions of public health officials.
- Vulnerable individuals, which is defined as 60+ years or who have health conditions such as heart disease, lung disease, diabetes, kidney disease and weakened immune systems, are recommended to limit outings, avoid large gatherings, telecommute if possible, stay home if they are sick and avoid people who are sick.
- There is no recommendation to wear masks at this time to prevent yourself from getting sick.
Please refer to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website for frequently asked questions.
For official updates about the coronavirus text COVID19SF to 888-777. You can also stay informed by visiting SF72.org.
Directions to the Randall Museum
199 Museum Way
San Francisco, CA 94114
Directions: click here.
Public Transportation: click here.